QoaHwi's Staff Application

Discussion in 'Accepted Applications' started by Queue_, Aug 12, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Queue_

Queue_ Active Member

Username:
    QoaHwi

Current in-game /nick:
    QoaHwi/ ~Quinoa

Past Username(s) (any usernames you had before your current in-game name):
    Queue_, dificlut, Frayser_, _Potatou, _Cheeez, JkJkLawl, original was xXferdyjacksonXx

Timezone/Country:Example:
    ET (UTC -5:00 / -4:00)/ Connecticut, United States

Which server are you applying for?
    Survival, but I think this question is outdated.

What rank are you on each server?
    I am an Onyx on Survival and Siruis on Skyblock

How long have you been playing on XYZ?

I'd say since about July 2016.

Discord Username:
    QoaHwi

PART TWO – QUESTIONNAIRE

If you HAVE been staff on the server before, specify what position you were, and why you resigned/got demoted: No.

Specify what times of the day you WILL be on below:

SUMMER (Until September 2nd, 2017)

Sunday:
    From 1:00pm-1:00am, total hours will vary (especially afternoon) depending on the personal things I do during the day, but online very often at night from around 9:00pm-1:-00am.

Monday: From 8:00am-1:00am, total hours will vary (especially afternoon) depending on the personal things I do during the day, but online very often at night from around 9:00pm-1:-00am.

Tuesday: 8:00am-1:00pm. Drum lessons till 4:30. Back around 6:00pm-1:00am (total hours will obviously vary based on lunch/dinner).

Wednesday: From 8:00am-1:00am ET, total hours will vary (especially afternoon) depending on the personal things I do during the day, but online very often at night from around 9:00pm-1:-00am.

Thursday: From 8:00am-1:00am ET, total hours will vary (especially afternoon) depending on the personal things I do during the day, but online very often at night from around 9:00pm-1:-00am.

Friday: From 8:00am-1:00am ET, total hours will vary (especially afternoon) depending on the personal things I do during the day, but online very often at night from around 9:00pm-1:-00am.

Saturday: From 8:00am-1:00am ET, total hours will vary (especially afternoon) depending on the personal things I do during the day, but online very often at night from around 9:00pm-1:-00am.

SCHOOL YEAR (Starting September 3rd, 2017, ending around July 15th, 2018)

Sunday:
    12:00am-4pm, 8:00pm-10:00pm. Will vary, but I'm basing this on my plan to do homework around the afternoon.

Monday:
    4:00pm-6:00pm, 9:00pm-10:00pm.

Tuesday:
    5:00pm-6:00pm, 9:00pm-10:00pm

Wednesday:
    4:00pm-6:00pm, 9:00pm-10:00pm

Thursday:
    4:00pm-6:00pm, 9:00pm-10:00pm

Friday:
    3:00pm-7:00pm, 9:00pm-12:00pm (I always spread out Friday's homework over Saturday and Sunday)

*NOTE:
    The times may change slightly in the afternoon, depending on the club scheduling and whether or not the clubs I do end up working out (within the first few weeks I'll know for sure).

What are your qualifications for being a staff member on XYZ? (List past server positions/responsibilities if applicable, as that helps determine if it’s appropriate to add you):
    I have never been a helper/mod on a server, however I have learned much from those who were. Despite this slight disadvantage, I am confident that I can convey proper maturity as staff and provide plenty of knowledge for other players. There have been various occasions where some current staff are unable to answer questions about the server and I chime in to help, usually satisfying the player (I don't think I'd consider this mini-modding, however). I have gotten a very good idea of proper situations in which to apply punishments like mutes, kicks, and bans, which I think is a really great thing to start out with knowing as a beginning staff member.

Tell us about a time you made a mistake within the last year. How did you deal with it? What did you learn?

Well, in real life I've made lots of mistakes, naturally. But one that comes to mind easily is when I interfered in a friend's problem with one of their friends. They'd told me all about their fallout, and how she was really sad about it and missed her friend. She told me why it happened and what happened after. I then, without asking her, went to her friend and talked to her about their problem, and if maybe she was willing to give her another chance. She said no, and was chill about it, but when it came up in conversation with my friend, she got really angry and we didn't talk for maybe a week. I sent her a letter (yes, a physical letter, she lived at a pretty decent distance on bike from my house) and I explained how I never meant any harm, and how I understood why she was angry with me and I should've asked. We made up, but the connection was gone. I haven't talked to her since.

After this whole situation, I learned that I shouldn't interfere in other's problems because well, it's their personal problem, so I should only get involved if they ask me if I could and if it's appropriate (of course if it's a different kind of problem, like suicidal-level or abuse, I would instinctively get involved and try to do something about it).

How would you de-escalate any arguing, fighting, or drama on the server? (Remember to refer to Staff Guidelines for any punishments):

I'll set up a realistic scenario; a player begins to give their political opinions out in chat, and others begin to argue about it (this has happened). Well first off, political talk is not allowed specifically because of this; it starts wars. So I would verbally warn people in chat, "Guys, calm down. No politics", and assuming it continues, which it usually does, I'd continue to kick the players who didn't stop, explaining how they were warned once. They may not have seen the warning, or it wasn't enough, so a kick would be appropriate as a second step. If they continued, I would give them a temp-mute, maybe 10 minutes. After this I would apply a larger mute (2-4 hours, depending on severity/spam) since it would be their (4th?) offense.

Anything you would like to add for notes/comments?

I understand that I was recently banned for "X-ray" for about 4 days, and I understand that this seems quite bad and could hurt my chances. Even though I was not unbanned (my application was denied), I continued into DMs (and in-game with MamaBeau) to explain what happened. I understand I may have seemed suspicious, and frankly that was it, suspicious. However, I did not use an X-ray mod; first of all, my mining patterns are unique to myself. I mine around specific Y-axis levels/ranges and take turns almost every time I run into an ore, like iron or coal, to improve my chances of finding more valuable ores like gold and emerald (and I was able to do this very quickly as I was using an efficiency 8 cobalt pick). Second, I was not using any torches during my mining as I was using a brightness mod, a brightness mod that any player can do with their game files, without downloading any client/mod online. I explained this to Mama, and she did seem okay with it when I explained it (basically you go into options.txt and change gamma from 100 to 1,000). I hope that I have explained this well enough and that you understand.

Thank you for reading and considering my application, seriously. I hope to be with you guys soon as helper!
    Last edited: Aug 14, 2017
  2. Scrubee

Scrubee Grand Wizard

Really nice application, I like it. Try to hep out a bit more in chat, answear when players has questions, etc. Other than that, good luck! :D
    +1
    • Like Like x 1
  3. Fatlard

Fatlard Well-Known Member

I like your app! I have seen you in game and have talked to you multiple times, and you seem very helpful and friendly.
    You have a +1 from me!
    Good luck!
    -Fatlard <3
    • Like Like x 1
  4. Drag

Drag Well-Known Member

Nice app your a nice person off of what everyone else is saying so good luck!

-Drag
    • Friendly Friendly x 1
  5. LucyEsther

LucyEsther Moderator

You seem to be fairly active and helpful. I think you're a good person :) Good luck!
    +1 from me!
    • Friendly Friendly x 1
  6. rivitt

rivitt Grand Wizard

Accepted. Please see discord for further instructions :D
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.