Skyblock __Pineapple's Staff Application

Discussion in 'Staff Applications' started by __Pineapple, Jan 12, 2018 at 6:15 PM.

1. __Pineapple

__Pineapple Member

Username:
    __Pineapple

Current in-game /nick:
    PigeonPineapple

Past Username(s) (any usernames you had before your current in-game name):
    pineapple_pig362,Turtlezzz362, Walruszz362

Time zone/Country:
    UTC-06:00 America

What rank are you on the server?
    Bronze

How long have you been playing on XYZ?
    since Solar

Discord Username:
    __Pineapple#4687

---

PART TWO -- QUESTIONNAIRE
    (Please be as detailed as possible when answering these questions).

If you HAVE been staff on the XYZ server before, specify what position you were, and why you resigned/got demoted:
    I have never been staff on XYZ

Specify what times of the day you WILL be online; if you have school please provide a schedule for when you can be online during your term:

Sunday: 8:00Am-6:00Pm
    Monday: 3:00Pm-7:00Pm
    Tuesday: 3:00Pm-7:00Pm
    Wednesday: 3:00Pm-7:00Pm
    Thursday: 3:00Pm-7:00Pm
    Friday: 3:00Pm-9:00Pm
    Saturday: 8:00am-9:00Pm

What are your qualifications for being a staff member on XYZ? (Examples- past server experience, qualifications from job experience, etc.).
    My qualifications are that I am more mature and respectful towards people and I know you proably hear this all the time, but this one I am about to tell you is very true. Last summer I spent most of my time at my Grandma and Grandpa's house since my parents were going through a rough time well anyways while I was there they taught me to be respectful towards people because before they helped me and show me that being respectful will help you get along with new peers at school or even close family or friends. And they also showed my that if you work hard in life and put your heart in to things you love you will get rewarded and that is what im doing right now by apply for the most favoriate thing I love.

Tell us about a time you made a mistake within the last year. How did you deal with it? What did you learn? (It can be Minecraft related or a real life experience).
    The last time I made a mistake was on XYZ and a player that will reamain nameless got blacklisted and I myslef had no clue on what happend and I was very close to said player we had many fun memories on the server but thats besides the point I asked several staff member about it and they just say he had done some thing he wasn't supposed to do on the server and at that moment with my unmature self started to blow up mildly and started to discuss staff actions and I was warned my a staff member not do talk about it, but what did I do I still talked about the staff actions and he/she carried out with the staff punishment by warning me. And I dealt with it in a very stuiped way. I started to cuss and stuff so then I told my self that I have to take a break from minecraft before I get banned from my favorite server. I learned that if someone tell you to do or stop something that you must do it becuase it could hurt someone or hurt myslef in ways I over think.

***[Enter the question posed to you by the Staff Manager(s) in your previous application]. ***
    How have you Improved since the last time you applied?

I have improved from the last time I applied becuase I didn't focus and I wasn't mature and respectful enough to be a member on the staff team.

---

PART THREE-- SCENARIOS
    (Please use as much detail as possible when answering these questions).

A new player logs onto the server and asks the question, ‘What is the best way to make money?’ How do you respond?
    I would say you could crate your island by doing ./is then create it and make a poatao or carrot farm since they sell the most. Or you could do ./warp mine and mine some blocks and sell them buy doing./shop and left click on the block or item you want to sell.

Player ‘X’ contacts you and accuses Player ‘Z’ of using hacks. How do you proceed?
    I would ask player X if he has any evidence of him hacking and if he does I will look at it and determine weither player Z is hacking or not and once I figure it out I will contact a higher staff member that has the permissions to ban and tell him to watch the video or picture and determine if he was hacking or not. And if there is not proof I will go to him if he is pvp or flying and see if he was and get evidence of him hacking and if I find that he is not hacking I will still contact a higher up to help me with my investigation with Player Z.

What is this server’s definition of ‘spamming in chat
    The definition of spamming in chat is when a player come into the server and types the smae thing every single time. Or like if there asking the same question over and over again that would be considered spamming in chat.
    One type of spam is Letter spam
    Player P: heeeeyyyyyyyyyyyy
    Player U: snfinfjnweinfsbbfiagegshjsrhtshsehstrthwrhsahsrhjs
    Player O: He iS HaCkInG dudeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee
    -------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Another type of spamming is Caps Spam
    Player A:HHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHEEEEEEEEEEEEEYYYYYYYYYYYYY
    Player J: WHHHHHHYYYYYY
    Player L: VOTE GUYS COME ONNNNNNNNNNNNNNN
    -------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Next we have a spam called one line spam
    Player G:h,e,y,g,u,y,s,h,o,w,a,r,e,y,o,u
    Player Y:dude,you,are,so,crazy
    Player R:I,hate,you,so,much
    Lastly we have asking for things spam
    Player 1: can I have some money guys
    30 secounds later
    Player 1: Guys please could I have some money Im poor
    20 secounds later
    Player 1: Im really really poor I need money
    And those are all the types of spam that I have seen.
    • Funny Funny x 1
    Last edited: Jan 14, 2018 at 2:26 PM
  2. Upea

Upea JrMod

Hi Pineapple! It is good to see that you have come back to the server! You have been gone for 3 weeks so I think you would benefit from meeting the newer player base and new staff a bit better. Now, onto your application. First off, throughout your application you make constant spelling and grammar mistakes which makes me question how much time you put into this. You also have raised your weekly availability by 10 hours since your last application. This is a pretty drastic change considering you haven't been on in a long time. You also could add more detail to all of part two on your application. In-game, you are oft immature and have been rude to certain staff members in the past. For these reasons, and more, it is a -1 from me.
    • Funny Funny x 1
  3. __Pineapple

__Pineapple Member

Well the reason why my hours have changed is because I have my own computer now instead of shareing with my sister and the reason I was inactive for 3 weeks was because I was getting new internet and I couldn’t play Minecraft at all. But you were talking about how I was being rude to staff member in the past. For that I do not understand because that was the past and I believe I have Mature greatly from then and my last thing is that when you talked about grammar and spelling errors you had a error when you where responding to my app so yeah thank you for the feed back.
    • Funny Funny x 1
  4. _xInfinityLife

_xInfinityLife Administrator

Hey there Pineapple!

I’ve seen you on a lot in the time that you have played here, and I’ve seen you be extremely active in chat. I haven’t really been able to tell how much you have improved maturity wise since your last application, but if you have matured greatly since then I wouldn’t mind giving you a +1.

Good luck to you!

-Sav <3
    • Funny Funny x 1
  5. __Pineapple

__Pineapple Member

Thank you for the +1 and trust me I have matured greatly.
    • Funny Funny x 1
  6. _KingGhost_

_KingGhost_ SrMod

Hey pineapple! Your Application is alright, what worries me is that you leave and come back a lot. You have matured since you last applied which is good. I’ll give you a +1 good luck!
    • Funny Funny x 1
  7. __Pineapple

__Pineapple Member

The reason I left was because I had family issues and I had to share my computer with my sister and she always had school work to do, but since I have my own computer I can be online when ever I want :D. But thank you KingGhost for your feedback. :D
    • Funny Funny x 1
  8. benji

benji Member

These are examples and types of spam. We want to know what your definition of spamming in chat is with examples.
    • Funny Funny x 1
  9. __Pineapple

__Pineapple Member

Oh ok I guess that I read it wrong thank you for the feedback.
    • Funny Funny x 1
  10. Hiya Pineapple! So I read your application and it seems you’ve made quite a few spelling errors. I’d recommend going back and sorting them out. For the ‘what is this server’s definition of spamming in chat’ question you have only stated examples instead of a definition. I think you should take some time to reread your application and correct any mistakes. I have noticed you online a lot lately but you should focus on getting to know the community a lot more before thinking about staff. -1 from me, sorry :(
    • Funny Funny x 1
  11. __Pineapple

__Pineapple Member

Ok will do and thank you for the feedback Hannah. :)
    • Funny Funny x 1
  12. Sosa

Sosa New Member

You seem like an ok guy, but there are a lot of grammar/spelling issues, just fix them and you’ll be all good.
    +0.5
  13. __Pineapple

__Pineapple Member

Thanks man for the +0.5 and thank you for the feedback :D
    • Funny Funny x 1
  14. Zursai

Zursai Active Member

Hi Pineapple :D
    So this has been pointed out by Upea and others already, but you have a lot of spelling/grammar mistakes within this application, did you rush this?
    The few times I have seen you on you've disrespected a few players. Earlier you told Upea to "STFU" after she said 150k for some herbalism levels was too expensive. Are you sure you've matured since your last break?

Overall I don't believe you have what it takes / don't believe you're ready to become a staff member on XYZ.
    Have a good day though !!

~Derulo
    • Funny Funny x 1
  15. __Pineapple

__Pineapple Member

When I said that to Upea becuase she was telling him that it was too much money even though you said it was fine and I joke around with my friends so I dont know how that would be mean, but thanks for your feedback. :)
    • Funny Funny x 1
  16. Zursai

Zursai Active Member

It can be seen as staff disrespect. That's something you need to understand.. and I didn't agree to 150k I said it was way too much.
    You still do need to understand that. You can be simply joking around with a friend but someone else who's just standing by can take it as you're disrespecting them; because they don't know anybody.

EX: A new player joins. You're joking around with a friend. You call them a name / call them "stupid" for something. The new player has no idea that you're just messing around with a friend and take it was you're being disrespectful and you just blew your first impressions on a new player.

Yes I know you were just joking around, but take it from someone elses perspective, it's important.
    • Funny Funny x 1
  17. __Pineapple

__Pineapple Member

Im not going to debate about who is right or wrong all I am saying is that if you took it the other way I am truly sorry but being mature doesn't mean being all plane and not being able to joke around with friends so thank you for showing me what I did wrong. :)
    • Funny Funny x 1
  18. CheeseCat

CheeseCat Active Member

I think that you're cut out to be a staff member. You're mature in-game. You're active. You're overall a good guy. I've heard you speak in VC, and you seem to be fine. I don't have any complaints to you, excepts an improvement in grammar. You have my +1! Good luck, Pineapple!