Skyblock OhFinners' Skyblock Staff Application!

Discussion in 'Denied Applications' started by JustFinners, Mar 12, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. JustFinners

JustFinners New Member

PART ONE—PERSONAL INFORMATION

Username:
    OhFinners

Current in-game /nick:
    Finners

Past Username(s) (any usernames you had before your current in-game name):
    JustFinners, Finalific.

Time zone/Country:
    GMT / United Kingdom

What rank are you on the server?
    My current rank on skyblock is: Amber

How long have you been playing on XYZ?
    October 2017.

Discord Username:
    Finarino#0001

---

PART TWO -- QUESTIONNAIRE
    (Please be as detailed as possible when answering these questions).

If you HAVE been staff on the XYZ server before, specify what position you were, and why you resigned/got demoted:
    Demoted - I got demoted from XYZ for not meeting the standards of a meeting. I failed to attend the meeting and do the requirements it stated. This was when I was going through some rough times with my family, however now that's changed!

Specify what times of the day you WILL be online; if you have school please provide a schedule for when you can be online during your term:

Sunday: 13:00 -> 20:00
    Monday: 17:30 -> 20:00
    Tuesday: 17:30 -> 20:00
    Wednesday: 17:30 -> 20:00
    Thursday: 17:30 -> 20:00
    Friday: 17:30 -> 22:00
    Saturday: 13:00 -> 23:00

What are your qualifications for being a staff member on XYZ? (Examples- past server experience, qualifications from job experience, etc.).
    These are some of my following qualifications for becoming a staff member.
    1 - Knowledge
    As I've been on XYZ for about 4-5 months, I have quite a bit of knowledge of the network itself. However, I do not know everything for the past years of XYZ. Otherwise, with my knowledge and experience of the server, I will be able to help new players on the server get around, create their island, sell items, crates and so much more.

2 - Previous Staffing Experience
    I've been a staff member on quite a few servers, even some large ones too. I know how to do my job as a staff member, how to deal with situations, punishments and people who ask for help in chat or msg. These are some of my staff experiences. OPCraft - Operator (Rank before Management) - 300-400 player count. Used to help out with the lower staff team and punish players, with extreme force. (Operators could only punish certain rule breakers due to permissions). XYZ, again I've been Helper on this lovely server once before.

3 - Fun!
    As a staff member, I feel things should be fun, but not too fun. I like to engage with my peers and the players on the server. I will usually say hello, giveaway some things I have on my own island, and mainly have a good time while doing my job! I feel things shouldn't always be strict and harsh.

Tell us about a time you made a mistake within the last year. How did you deal with it? What did you learn? (It can be Minecraft related or a real life experience).
    XYZ - I was having quite a few personal issues with myself and my family, it got too much for me that I really should of took a notice or resigned. What I did for the server wasn't good for myself. I took a brake from XYZ, and now I'm happily back. The issues have past, and if they did happen again, I will resign. I don't want the same to happen again, it makes me look like a bad staff member, but really I try to not be one.

***[Enter the question posed to you by the Staff Manager(s) in your previous application]. ***
    No given one, confirmed by Kitanda.

---

PART THREE-- SCENARIOS
    (Please use as much detail as possible when answering these questions).

A new player logs onto the server and asks the question, ‘What is the best way to make money?’ How do you respond?
    I would respond by saying that grinders and farms are the best way to make money on your island.

Player ‘X’ contacts you and accuses Player ‘Z’ of using hacks. How do you proceed?
    First of all, I'd open my screen recording software. Secondly, I would tp/tpa to Player 'Z' and see if they were actually using a hacked client. If so, I'd click the record button on my recording software, and make sure I have sufficient evidence of Player 'Z' hacking, and then punish them. Along side, If they were hacking and I did punish them, I would thank Player 'X' for reporting them!

What is this server’s definition of ‘spamming in chat’?
    Spamming the same message 3+ times within 2 minutes.
    Spamming the same characters in chat for a lot of times "NOOOOOOOOOO.. etc"
    Spamming capital letters in chat "HEY WHATS UP DUDE!"
  2. _KingGhost_

_KingGhost_ Active Member

It’s nice to see you applying and playing again! But you only just came back and the server has gone through a lot of changes, I believe you should get to know the server a bit better before becoming staff.
    -1 from me sorry

~King
  3. __Pineapple

__Pineapple Well-Known Member

King said what I would say so it’s a -1 from me
  4. Zursai

Zursai Well-Known Member

I have to give my -1 here.
    You've stated on an application on a different server that you resigned because XYZ lacked a player base and got boring. I have big reasons to believe that you're only applying because you want some sort of power on any server you've played before.

Goodluck anyways.

~Derulo
  5. Upea

Upea Well-Known Member

Finners, i was staff on your server and i can't say how immature you were at ALL times. -1 for me
  6. Upea

Upea Well-Known Member

7. Cayde

Cayde New Member

Hewwo!
    I don't believe I've ever seen you online and from evidence provided by Upea, you don't seem to be very truthful which is not a good first impression
    -1 for now
  8. MamaBeau

MamaBeau Grand Wizard

You havent been on for 4 days, and I can say from past comments that I'm a little wary of having you on the team. -1 from me but good luck.
  9. Wheatins

Wheatins E.W.T.

Denied

Due to the fact that you haven't been online since you applied, I will not be accepting you.
    Now my personal opinion, I don't feel like you're mature enough to staff - Considering you've told numerous people you're all different ages, and your application is a basic format with really not much originality/detail.

If you're going to apply for a position on a server, I don't know how much I can stress that you kind of have to Play that server...

If you wish to reapply, you may do so in 1 Week.

Question for your next application: What would you be able to do for the server - Dedication wise, along with handling situations?​
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.