Skyblock -=Dynah's Staff Application!!!=-

Discussion in 'Denied Applications' started by Dynah, Jun 8, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Dynah

Dynah Member

PART ONE—PERSONAL INFORMATION

Username:

Dynah

Current in-game /nick:

Maple

Past Username(s) (any usernames you had before your current in-game name):

https://namemc.com/profile/Dynah.3

I am 12

Time zone/Country:

EST (UTC -5:00) / Quebec, Canada

What rank are you on the server?

My rank is Disciple

How long have you been playing on XYZ?

Since november 2016, around the middle of Neon

Discord Username:

Dynah#3959

PART TWO -- QUESTIONNAIRE

If you HAVE been staff on the server before, specify what position you were, and why you resigned/got demoted:

I have never personally been staff, though I strive to be!

Specify what times of the day you WILL be online; if you have school please provide a schedule for when you can be online during your term:

Since school is over, and I am on summer break, I will be showing my summer schedule. Note that I will be on vacation from the 24th of June until the 6th of July and it is probable that I will not have access to a computer. As such, I will do my best to be as active as possible on discord.

Sunday: 9-12AM, 1-4PM, 8-10PM

Monday: 9-12AM, 1-4PM, 8-10PM

Tuesday: 9-12AM, 1-4PM, 8-10PM

Wednesday:9-12AM, 1-4PM, 8-10PM

Thursday: 9-12AM, 1-4PM, 8-10PM

Friday:9-12AM, 1-4PM, 8-10PM

Saturday: All day

What are your qualifications for being a staff member on XYZ? (Examples- past server experience, qualifications from job experience, etc.).

I do not have much past server experience, I have only been staff on 1 discord server, and it shut down due to the owner not making enough money.

I do though think I have some excellent qualities that prove that I can be a good Staff Member.

Perseverance

Firstly, I have perseverance. This means that I will not stop until I finish something. It also means that I will do my best to do as well of a job as I can. According to me, I think perseverance is a key part in everything you do, whether it be ingame or IRL.

Team Player

Even though I do like working by myself, I will be more than happy working with others. In fact, at times, I prefer it. Being a team player is about working well with others, as at times, this gets you further in life than working alone. I strongly feel that I possess this quality.

Fair

I realize that the most important trait a staff member has is the ability to be fair. This means that no matter who it is, whether it be your best friend or your worst enemy, everyone needs to be punished fairly. The rules are what they are, and nothing and no one can change this. I feel that I am fair because I will not hesitate before giving someone what they deserve.

Honesty

Finally, I feel that I am very honest. I will not think before saying the truth. I have always been an extroverted straight-up type of guy. Being honest and not lying can and will help the greater good of the server.

Tell us about a time you made a mistake within the last year. How did you deal with it? What did you learn? (It can be Minecraft related or a real life experience).

This actually happened last week (which is why I was not on as much then). So, I had an oral due in 2 weeks, and it was in teams of 3. I already had a partner, but we needed someone else to make the oral possible. We found this one guy who said that he would help us do our project. Me and my partner put our trust in him that he would do something. 2 days before the oral, we decide to come together and practise it. Me and my partner did our work, while our so called “partner” had done nothing. This was a 12 minute oral. So, instead of practising we had to do his part of the project, while he was playing video games. At the end, he ended up barely passing while we got 90s. All to say that you should never trust someone who you do not know. I learned that working with others can sometimes mean that you have to step up and go the extra mile to make up for what others have done.

***[Enter the question posed to you by the Staff Manager(s) in your previous application]. ***

How have you improved since you last applied?

I find that I really improved since my last application. I have been playing more on XYZ and helping the community. I have tried to be more mature in my everyday life, as well as on XYZ, and I feel that I have achieved that goal. On top of that, school is over, which takes off a load of pressure off of me. This helps me get better at everything I do. I really tried to fix my behaviour and vocabulary, and I think I succeeded at that with good results.

PART THREE-- SCENARIOS

A new player logs onto the server and asks the question, ‘What is the best way to make money?’ How do you respond?

Firstly I would tell them to start building a carrot farm, maybe 8 by 8, and start making your island around that. As he is doing that, I would tell him to vote on all links, as this gets you money and votefly. I would tell him to activate votefly with /vf and mine all the blocks around the bedrock, as those blocks can be used for further designs. After he does this, I would tell him to make the carrot farm bigger and bigger, until 10 by 10. After this, I would tell him to make money of the carrot farm and make a potato farm, then nether wart. That is the best way to make money.

Player ‘X’ contacts you and accuses Player ‘Z’ of using hacks. How do you proceed?

I ask Player X if they have proof, if they do, I will show the higher staff the proof so that they can ban the hackers, as helpers do not have that permission. If he does not have proof, I would observe Player Z for a little bit, if I see hacks, I will ask higher staff to ban Player Z, if I suspect hacks, I will duel the person if I suspect PvP hacks to get evidence. If I do not see hacks after this. I will keep watch for another little bit, but I will probably dismiss it until someone else accuses Player Z, then I would continue watching him until he shows it, or if he does not, I will fully dismiss it or ask higher staff to help.

What is this server’s definition of ‘spamming in chat’?

There is multiple types of spamming in chat:

Character Spam

Jdgkjsl

Hkjghkfjvhd

Rwgiruvhi

Multiple line spam

Gimme 50k

Gimme 50k

Gimme 50k

Begging spam

Can I have op??

Pleaseee gimme op!
    I want op?

Can I at least get owner?
    What about 25 MIL?

Thank you for the time you took to read this application!! :)
    Last edited: Jun 8, 2018
  2. MamaBeau

MamaBeau Owner

It's still an issue to me that you won't tell us your age. It is something we need to know since their is a minimum age for being staff.
    Also you said you started in the middle of X and Y in late 2016. X and Y weren't out in 2016, they started X and Y in January/February of 2017. If you would have started playing in 2016 it would have been late neon.

Your application has very good detail and is we'll written. I however am going to give you a -1 because you won't tell us your age.
  3. Dynah

Dynah Member

Thanks for the advice!
    Now that I think about it, I did play in late Neon. I will fix this on my application
    I have put in my real age. It is a step I need to take if I want to become staff.

-Dynah
    Last edited: Jun 8, 2018
  4. LucyEsther

LucyEsther Administrator

You have a good application, you are helpful in chat and you have good activity. My one problem is that I don't feel that you are always as mature as I would expect of a staff and sometimes break the rules yourself...

I'm sorry, fellow Canadian, I'm going to have to give you a -1 from me for right now.

Have a good day!
  5. Dynah

Dynah Member

I understand! Thanks!
  6. Zursai

Zursai Manager Staff Manager

Denied

You're mature here to there, but I've seen you break rules on purpose. That's not what staff should do, staff are role models for players.
    If you want to re-apply, you may in 2 weeks.

Question for next application: Why is it important for staff to be role models?
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.