vohveliBOI's Staff Application

Discussion in 'Accepted Applications' started by vohveliBOI, Jun 11, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. vohveliBOI

vohveliBOI Helper

PART ONE—PERSONAL INFORMATION

Username:
    vohveliBOI

Current in-game /nick:
    vohveli

Past Username(s) (any usernames you had before your current in-game name):
    vatte

Time zone/Country:
    GMT+2 / Finland

What rank are you on the server?
    My current rank on the server is Disciple.

How long have you been playing on XYZ?
    I first joined on 03.31.2018 but started playing much more since the reset.

Discord Username:
    vohveli#4251

PART TWO -- QUESTIONNAIRE
    (Please be as detailed as possible when answering these questions).

If you HAVE been staff on the server before, specify what position you were, and why you resigned/got demoted:
    I have not been staff on the server before.

Specify what times of the day you WILL be online; if you have school please provide a schedule for when you can be online during your term:

(Converted the times to EST)
    Sunday: 8am to 10pm
    Monday: 8am to 10pm
    Tuesday: 8am to 10pm
    Wednesday: 8am to 10pm
    Thursday: 8am to 10pm
    Friday: 8am to 10pm
    Saturday: 8am to 10pm
    Currently on summer vacation so no difference in weekdays or weekends. Will be switching between Noctus and XYZ depending on where there is more need for staff.

What are your qualifications for being a staff member on XYZ? (Examples- past server experience, qualifications from job experience, etc.).

I have been staff on Noctus for well over a year now and honed my skills as a staff member to be able to react to situations faster and not punishing players in vain. This experience has greatly helped me to have fair judgement and to make sure players follow the rules and behave on the server. Another thing Noctus has helped me at is being patient and not handling situations with any personal emotions involved, just sticking to the rules and enforcing them.

Tell us about a time you made a mistake within the last year. How did you deal with it? What did you learn? (It can be Minecraft related or a real life experience).

I was arguing with one of my friends over something that wasn't very important at all and it escalated a bit further then your usual argument and started getting personal. I didn't realize right away that it was going overboard because we use to have an argument every so often and this didn't feel so different at first. After we calmed down I understood that he got hurt over the things I said. Over night I felt really bad about the situation and really wanted to apologize to him. The next day I was a bit scared to apologize but once I did a burden was lifted from my shoulders and I felt relieved. Our friendship only became stronger after all this and everything worked out well in the end. The lesson I learned from this was that you need to see what is important and not let some small issue or argument come in the way of your friendships. You wouldn't call someone you wouldn't want to be with your friend now would you?

***[Enter the question posed to you by the Staff Manager(s) in your previous application]. ***

Not applicable.

PART THREE-- SCENARIOS
    (Please use as much detail as possible when answering these questions).

A new player logs onto the server and asks the question, ‘What is the best way to make money?’ How do you respond?

I would respond with: "Melon, cocoa bean and carrot farms are very effective. And it's all passive income!"
    I might also add: "Making an effective cobblestone generator and selling the resources can also make you gain money fast. And selling the items at /warp bm will give you even more money.

Player ‘X’ contacts you and accuses Player ‘Z’ of using hacks. How do you proceed?

I will ask Player X if he has any evidence to support this claim. If he does I tell him to make a forum report of the player with proper evidence. I review the evidence and if he is in fact hacking I contact a higher staff member with the ability to review reports and have them deal with the situation and punish Player Z accordingly. If it turns out that the Player X does not have any evidence or if the evidence is not conclusive enough, I will watch Player Z for a while to see if he is hacking or not. I record the evidence if it turns out he is hacking and once again report this to a higher staff member with the ability to deal with the situation accordingly.

What is this server’s definition of ‘spamming in chat’?

There are many types of spamming:

Character spam, which includes multiple of the same character or random characters mixed together that has no meaning.
    Example #1: Player: Rrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr!!!!!!!!!
    Example #2: Player: aAfodighjsduNHds

Chat flood, which means typing many messages in a row in quick succession and also typing in a sentence in multiple messages instead of just 1.
    Example #1: Player: a
    Player: b
    Player: c
    Example #2: Player: Hey
    Player: how
    Player: are
    Player: you?

Caps spam, which means typing messages in full caps or just using unnecessary amounts of caps.
    Example #1: Player: HELLO GUYS HOW ARE YOU?
    Example #2: Player: HeY GuYs hOw ArE YoU?

Command abuse / spam, which means sending a bunch of /tpa requests or abusing /afk by spamming it for example.
  2. MamaBeau

MamaBeau Owner

Your application is top notch, and you are an incredible staff member on Noctus.
    +1 from me
  3. benji

benji Active Member

+1
    I've played on Noctus before and seen you helping people out and I know you'll do the same here.
    Good luck.
  4. Zursai

Zursai Manager Staff Manager

Congratulations!

You have been accepted! I will contact you on discord with further information.​
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.