Stretchpilot1 Staff Application

Discussion in 'Accepted Applications' started by stretchpilot1, Jul 5, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. PART ONE-PERSONAL INFO

Username:

Stretchpilot1

Current in-game /nick:
    Stretch

Past Username(s) (Any usernames you had before your current in-game name):
    N/A

Time Zone/Country:
    United States of America, EST

What rank are you on the server?
    My rank is Devotee

How long have you been playing on XYZ?
    Since November 2017

Discord Username:
    Stretchpilot1#3390

PART TWO - QUESTIONNAIRE

If you HAVE been staff on the server before, specify what position you were and why you resigned/got demoted:

A little under a month ago I was helper on XYZ but I got demoted due to not being quite mature enough and not being a good role model for the team. I was staff for about a month as helper before I was demoted.

Specify what times of day you WILL be on, if you have school please provide a schedule for when you can be online during your term:

(I start school back up on August 14th and I am not sure when I will get home since I haven't learned my bus route yet, when I do start back up I will provide a full schedule if i'm accepted)

Sunday:3pm-12am
    Monday: 10am-1:30pm, 3pm-12am
    Tuesday: 10am-1:30pm, 3pm-12am
    Wednesday:10am-1:30pm, 3pm-12am
    Thursday:10am-1:30pm, 3pm-12am
    Friday:10am-1:30pm, 3pm-12am
    Saturday:3pm-12am

What are your qualifications for being a staff member on XYZ?

Respectful:

I like to be respectful to all players no matter my opinion. I respect all opinions even if I strongly disagree with someones opinion. I live by the rule "treat others the way you want to be treated" and I will continue to live by that rule no matter what happens.

Helpful:
    I try my hardest to help anybody out whenever possible. If someone has a question I try hard to answer the question quickly rather then putting the question off or making them wait a while before I answer the question. Every time I log onto the server I try my hardest to answer as many questions as possible and to help with any problems that I can or even fix some I am able to fix.

Mature:
    Since my demotion I have much matured. I like to be mature in all situations but throw in some fun at times without completely losing my mind. I handle situations in a calm and respectful way.

Nice:
    I am nice to players even if the player is very rude, mean, or nasty to me or another player. I like to make sure that when a player joins for the first time or comes back from a long time gone that they feel welcomed on the server.

Past Server Experience:
    I am very familiar with the /warn, /mute, and /kick commands for my past server experience. Staffing XYZ in the past has taught me the correct way to handle situations and when to take action if punishment is needed.

Tell us about a time you made a mistake within the last year. How did you deal with it? What did you learn? (It can be Minecraft related or a real life experience)

About a month ago I was demoted on XYZ. I told myself that I had ruined my life with Minecraft and that I would never play Minecraft again. When I did that it majorly influenced my life to where I always wanted to be alone and it caused me to get anxiety. Once I had found out I had anxiety I took some time to think what would have caused this and figured out that the way I reacted to being demoted has caused me to change my whole life for the worse. After I figured this out I decided to play Minecraft again and stopped telling myself that I let Minecraft ruin my life which helped me a lot mentally. I learned that when something like this happens you need to stay calm and assess the situation rather than saying/doing things that could potentially lead to things that aren't very good.

PART THREE-SCENARIOS

A new player logs onto the server and asks the question, "What is the best way to make money?" How do you respond?

First I would say welcome. Next I would tell them that making farms and/or a cobble/ore generator is a very good way of making money and is very efficient. I would then offer some starter tools so they can start making money.

Player 'X' contacts you and accuses player 'Z' of using hacks. How do you proceed?
    First I would ask for video evidence of player Z's hacks and no screenshots since they aren't very reliable for hacking. Next I would look at the evidence and if I find that player Z is guilty of using hacks, I would get a higher staff member to handle the situation. After player Z is taken care of I would thank player X for reporting it. If I found that player Z was not guilty of using hacks I would still tell higher staff member just to be on the safe side incase the evidence wasn't taken at a good time, then I would tell player X not to worry about it that the situation was handled.

What is this server's definition of "spamming in chat"?
    This server has many variations of spamming in chat. The best definition for the spam is repeating the same letter/number/message over and over again. (Although you can repeat a message after 5 minutes have went by)
    Examples:
    Letter Spam:aaaaaaaabbbbbbbbcccccccdddddeeeeeefffffgggggghhhhiiiiiijjjj
    Multiple Line Spam: hi
    hi
    hi
    hi
    hi
    hi etc.
    Message Spam: hi how was your day
    hi how was your day
    hi how was your day
    hi how was your day
    hi how was your day etc.

(I have learned how to handle my anxiety and have things I can fidget with while i'm playing if I start getting anxious)

Last edited: Jul 6, 2018
  2. LucyEsther

LucyEsther Administrator

Fairly solid application! I can see you put a lot of work into it. A couple small things (me nitpicking- sorry I'm a perfectionist lol):
    • You had like three typos (GASP)
    • Your qualifications section was good and had great arguments! The only problem I found was it was a little repetitive and could have been a little bit better organised? For next time I would maybe add subtitles like "experience" "Helpful" etc and then put each argument under each trait. But, it was still good :)
    • Your mistake section was also good- your concluding sentence could be a little broader but it was fine
    • Your hacking section- good, but what would you do without solid proof, or if the proof shows that the player isn't hacking?
    • Your activity- you promised 9+ hours/day but currently you only have (nearly) 8 hours on your /tt
    Otherwise, it's great and I've seen you be helpful in chat when you are on. The one thing I worry about is if your staffing affects your anxiety (I know you said you won't be but still)- I don't want you to be negatively affected from staffing, drama, demotions, etc. :( (also tip, if you're feeling really anxious it's sometimes good to just log off and take a breather, read a book, etc)

I'm sorry, tentative -1 from me. If you can explain this inactivity and if you're really sure you won't be negatively affected from staffing, I might change my mind.

Have a nice day :D
  3. I have been out of state the last week and I don’t have a great internet connection but I have been trying my hardest to get on but I have been getting kicked every few minutes. Also my anxiety only gets triggered when sounds are very annoying and repetitive. I will be sure to go through and fix those few typos and fix up the qualifications some. Thanks for the feedback Lucy!
    Last edited: Jul 6, 2018
  4. Alicia Butler

Alicia Butler Moderator

Very good app and decent detail. Maybe add a little more detail in part 2, but other than that I give a +1 good luck <3
  5. Thank you for the feed back Alicia! <3
  6. CHAR3H

CHAR3H Owner Administrator

Accepted!

I have contacted you on discord for information

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.