Pending TheBurntPhoenix's Staff Application

Discussion in 'Staff Applications' started by Robert Liu, Sep 30, 2018.

1. Robert Liu

Robert Liu New Member

2. So overall you had a really detailed application but as I was reading it I saw many typos and grammar mistakes that could have been easily fixed although everyone makes them. Also in your application you said that you are currently overwhelmed with a lot of school work and other stuff are you still or was that just a misconception? I also don’t remember ever seeing you in game but it could be from me being gone last week and a few days this week.
    I’m not going to give a +1 or a -1 right now maybe if I see you on the server helping out and you fix those typos in your application you can make it a +1 but for now I won’t give any.
    Good Luck!:)
  3. Robert Liu

Robert Liu New Member

Thank you stretchpilot1 for you advice. Sorry for the English errors; the application was written quite late and I might have not been at my best state of mind when writing it. I do, however, understand the importance of having a limited amount of grammar and typo mistakes as a staff member, and I have already attempted fixed them in the application. In the application, I have stated that I did have to quit MineCraft for a while to compete against the huge amount workloads; that was about a year ago. Now that I have been admitted to college, I worry less on whether or not I get into a good University and more on whether or not I can pass my classes, which only requires a C average, which I am easily able to do. I will admit, however, that I am chasing a good GPA. Normally, a student studying my field would not have any time for things such as video games, but I don't dorm, and therefore I am much better at managing my time than other students, so therefore I can almost guarantee that I would be able to spend a few hours on the server everyday. My concern, however, is not much of how much time I can dedicate to the server, but rather more of what I can do for the server in the amount of time that I am on it.
  4. Ah I see. If you can be on a few hours a day and are helpful in game i think you would be a pretty good staff member although I still have yet to see you in game. Staffing is really about making the server fun for others to play and making sure people aren’t being mean to other players in chat. If you could be on the server for a few hours and are very nice and helpful to players I think you would make a great staff members though I think actually seeing you in game a few times might help a little.
  5. Robert Liu

Robert Liu New Member

I totally understand where you're coming from. Perhaps we have different timezones? After receiving the last comment from you, I am really looking forward to meeting you. I did log in several times in the middle of the day, but the server seems to be quite empty around that time (perhaps due to people attending school). Yesterday evening though, there was 4 players on, but sadly all players were AFK. I'm looking forward to meeting you in game!